Forty contracted players of Sri Lanka Cricket have handed a letter to the board indicating they do not wish to travel to Lahore for the last Twenty20 International against Pakistan scheduled for later this month.
The letter signed by the current squad and contracted players back home doesn’t directly say that they do not want to go to Pakistan, but has requested the board to consider a venue change.
A Sri Lanka Cricket source told Cricbuzz SLC will have a quick chat with the players as they do not intend to disturb them in the middle of a series.
The official said the ICC will meet the players tomorrow to brief them about the situation in Lahore.
All-rounder Thisara Perera is believed to have not signed the letter as he was part of the World XI side that played three-T20I series in Lahore last month.
International cricket was pulled out of Pakistan after the Sri Lankan team bus came under a terrorist attack in 2009, outside the Gadaffi Stadium in Lahore, injuring several players and support staff.
There is still a possibility that the Lahore game could be played if SLC decides to send a second string team.
China on Friday announced a slew of additional tariffs and restrictions against U.S. goods as…
A 32-year-old individual from Kattankudy in Batticaloa was arrested this morning (04) by the officers…
Sri Lanka’s apparel sector, the country’s largest export industry, is bracing for a major setback…
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to arrive in Sri Lanka tonight for a…
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) issued a special gazette notification enforcing maximum retail prices for…
The United States yesterday announced and introduced a significant shift in its trade policy by…