The Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) Workers’ Union whose strike went on for a week, had been called off a short while ago, Secretary Ranjan Jayalal said.
He said the TUs had been able to reach a compromise with the authorities leading to a win-win situation for both sides.
Mr. Jayalal told Daily Mirror that they had got written confirmation from the government that the TU demands would all be met. He said the government had promised to resolve the situation surrounding the salary anomalies of CEB employees as well.
Meanwhile, Power and Renewable Energy Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya, addressing a press conference today, thanked all the relevant authorities including Labour and Trade Union Relations Minister W. D. J Seneviratne for coming together to find a justifiable solution for all.
China on Friday announced a slew of additional tariffs and restrictions against U.S. goods as…
A 32-year-old individual from Kattankudy in Batticaloa was arrested this morning (04) by the officers…
Sri Lanka’s apparel sector, the country’s largest export industry, is bracing for a major setback…
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to arrive in Sri Lanka tonight for a…
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) issued a special gazette notification enforcing maximum retail prices for…
The United States yesterday announced and introduced a significant shift in its trade policy by…